Monday, October 27, 2014

Less Than Awesome Ultrasound

So this mornings ultrasound appointment was less than ideal. At this point in our first IVF cycle, we had at least 8 follies 10-13mm and a 9th slightly smaller than 10mm. Today we had only 5 follicles in the 10-14mm range, 3 follicles a bit less than 10mm and 2 less than 5mm. My right side, which is usually my best producer, is basically crapping out at the moment and I'm super disappointed in it.
I was hoping for a bit better :(
Every cycle is different so it's really tough to compare one to another but I can't help over analyzing everything I've done differently. For example, I suppressed for two days longer. I took Tylenol for cramps while on my birth control pills and tums for heart burn.  I was late yesterday for my shot by 30 min. I'm taking the higher, correct dose of Omnitrope. I'm using Italian Menopur instead of UK Menopur.

Realistically, I think the difference is probably from the extra birth control but there's nothing I can do at this point. I just have to hope that a few more follies pop up and the ones we can see grow into beautiful, healthy, mature eggs. I'm going to be adding in my Cetrotide tomorrow since the follies weren't big enough today and my next appointment will be Wednesday. Fingers and toes crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment