Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Our Probe Is READY!


Yesterday morning, I went ahead with my plan to phone Reprogenetics to get an update on our probe. I can never manage to catch someone at their desk so I left a message and waited for a call back. They're usually pretty good about returning calls and it only took a couple of hours for their New Jersey caller ID to pop up on my phone.

My rep for our probe process wasted no time in telling me that our probe is DONE! It's ready! We were originally quoted 6-8 weeks but it ended up being less than 4 weeks from the date they got our samples to the date of completion. I was so surprised, this is wonderful news :) I was anticipating a deadline closer to the 8 weeks and was worrying that we wouldn't get results in time to go right into a FET.

Once we conclude this cycle and the lab has received all our biopsy samples, it takes 15 calendar days to get PGD and aCGH results on our frosties.  Those will be two loooong weeks and I'll probably be going crazy but I know we'll get some good results.

http://www.acfs2000.com/assets/images/art_services/pgd1.jpg
(Source)
This is an example of Fluorescent In-Situ Hybridization, or FISH, a quick result type of PGD that we can't use for Fragile X but that is super cool to look at. This one is for muscular dystrophy. Embryo C is a normal male embryo, I believe the light pink is Y, the dark pink is X and since there's only one X in a boy, a single green dot for a normal chromosome. D and F are both normal female embryos, two green dots each, one for each X, the two dark pink dots. A shows a female carrier embryo, one of her chromosomes is affected but the other is okay, two dark pink dots and a single green dot, and B and E show affected male embryos, no green dots.

Hopefully we will have lots and lots of healthy embryos from both cycles but first we need a nice, big haul from this one. I just started up shots again today, this time 4 Menopur and Omnitrope in the morning and 4 Menopur in the evening. Every time I start up another cycle, I forget how much the Menopur burns!

No comments:

Post a Comment