Sunday, October 26, 2014

Zonked Out

Today I am completely and totally zonked out. I think I felt okay for the first couple hours of the day but since then I've been exhausted. My head and eyes feel so heavy, I feel like I could sleep the whole day away and still be tired.

Although the medication dosages have been exactly the same, I'm definitely getting side effects earlier with this second cycle of IVF.  With the first, it was probably a good week of stims before I felt any different than a slightly poked version of normal. This time, it only took about 2 days for me to start getting heartburn and bloating and now that we're on day 6, I'm so, so tired.  An exhausted, half asleep lump who looks like they swallowed a fat, firm balloon.

I'm so thrown off that I was actually late for my shot this evening. Since starting the IVF process, I've been vigilant about keeping on top of my injections. My alarm goes off at 9am/pm, I immediately grab supplies and prep my shots, and they're done by 9:30am/pm. This evening, I managed to get everything wrong. I was so tired I could barely stay awake so I took Milou for a nice walk in the finally cool, fall air. I came back at 8:40pm, thinking about my shot with a solid 20 minutes to spare, and then got distracted by a phone call from E.

E was on his way home from work and was hungry. I checked the fridges and cabinets but we didn't have anything that could be easily prepared for dinner. I then had the wonderful idea to give my sister L a ride home from her restaurant and bring home Japanese food. Sounds good right? Delicious food, no prep, easy peasy! Except somewhere in there I'd completely forgotten about my shot.  And then my evening shot event was somehow deleted from my calendar, which means no alarm. Whoops.

I was sitting outside L's restaurant, listening to my Harry Potter audio book for the 5 millionth time, when I looked down at my clock and saw 9:30pm. It took a few minutes to click

...huh, it's 9:32, hope she gets out soon, I'm hungry....9:37...huh...FUCK!

I freaked out a bit, called E who reminded me not to freak out, and then shortly thereafter my sister got off work. I zoomed home as fast as I could, skipped getting the delicious froyo I was planning to buy,  prepped the shot and finally got it done by about 10:05, half an hour late. My beef was stone cold by the time I got to it and I'm still upset with myself and completely exhausted again.

How could I forget for even a second that nothing is normal when you're doing IVF -_- Everything runs on such a strict schedule and here I am acting like I can go do whatever I feel like. Blah. I'm going to go sleep now so I don't accidentally miss my morning shot and next appointment.

No comments:

Post a Comment