While sitting in traffic on Thursday afternoon, I noticed that I had finally started to spot! Yay, progress! I know my body pretty well and I could tell my period was definitely about to start so I called up the clinic. The nurse I spoke to said that many women spot for a week before they actually bleed and she couldn't make my appointment until my period started in earnest. The clinic closes early so when my period showed up right on time a few hours later, I had to wait until Friday morning to make my CD2 appointment. Since Friday counts as CD 1, that puts 11 days between trigger day and CD 1 which is pretty much my standard luteal phase. I almost couldn't believe it, even with all the hormone injections and the retrieval, my body is still running on it's regular schedule. Apparently there's no screwing with this body clock.
So, Saturday morning rolls around, bright and HOT, and E and I find ourselves back at the clinic for for another round of labs and ultrasound. The baseline ultrasound is probably my least favorite of all the ultrasounds. I'm bleeding, crampy, sore and the whole thing is messy and gross no matter what I do. Luckily, there's no follicle counting to prolong the ultrasound so it was as short as it was uncomfortable.
When the ultrasound was done, the tech was able to give us the best news possible. My ovaries look like they're completely back to normal, no more swelling, and we are officially starting IVF round two! I was hoping Dr. D had aspirated that tiny cyst on my left ovary, he thought he might have gotten it too because one "follicle" over there had dark blood, but it was still there, stubbornly stuck in place. Little bastard.
A different nurse than usual called back to say that she's writing up my calendar now and I can start planning to order my meds. I didn't get an official calendar last time though I realize that most people do. I'm not sure how useful they are considering that everybody responds differently and every cycle is unique but I'll take it if she wants to write it up. Ultimately, it will come down to how my follicles grow and develop but I'm planning on ordering enough Menopur for 11 or so days and enough Cetrotide for 5 days since I was one short last time. I ended up having extra Omnitrope but it's because my nurse calculated the dose wrong. She told me to take 0.25cc of the 5mg/1.5ml but it should have been 0.37cc. I'll correct the dose in this cycle and maybe we'll get even more embryos :) Here's to hope!
No comments:
Post a Comment