Tuesday, October 14, 2014

IVF Meds Package!

Look what finally arrived! My first batch of meds for this cycle :) I would have had them yesterday but it was Columbus Day and I completely forgot that there was no mail. Since I have to sign for the package or they won't leave it, I worked my schedule so I could be home today. Then I waited. 

And waited.

Annnnnd waited. 

All Day!

My other two packages from IVFMeds came at 10am and 2pm. This package didn't come until FIVE! I could have done a million other things not the least of which would have been to pick up my Kaiser order which is still sitting and waiting for me at the pharmacy.

This batch of Menopur came in blue boxes labeled "MeRopur". The last batch came in pink boxes labeled "MeNopur", the left overs are in the bottom right corner of the photo. A quick google search told me that it's the exact same medicine, by the exact same company, but its from the lot distributed to Italy where they call it Meropur instead of Menopur. Apparently the word or pronunciation of "Menopur" in Italian translates to something like "Not Yet" which Ferring thought would have a negative connotation. I opened each box to inspect them and make sure none broke in transit and the actual vials themselves appear to be the same vials, with the same med pellet but with different labels. 

The 5 Cetrotide were the exact same as last time, little kits with a vial of powder and a pre-filled syringe. The remaining 43 Menopur vials are on their way from London to New York right now and I'm curious to see whether they'll be Menopur or Meropur. I might call and ask but I don't think it makes a difference either way.

No comments:

Post a Comment