As I already knew, everything on the estimate was incorrect. She took the aCGH testing off first since we are paying Reprogenetics direct and then corrected the third cycle ICSI to the second cycle price. I thought she might go back on her earlier statement about only paying the biopsy fee once but she didn't! She looked up the payment records, saw that we'd already paid it once, and took it right off the bill. I have to admit, I was impressed. I was expecting a lot more push back for what turned out to be a 5 minute conversation. Basically, I was working myself up, worrying about nothing. Whoops.
I would have just paid for the ICSI today since I had the estimate in hand, but our credit card company has helpfully decided to replace my card due to "potential fraud". As one might guess, the potential fraud they're referring to is my charge to IVFmeds.com, a charge that I had already spoken to a supervisor about and approved. This still wasn't good enough for them so I'm now waiting on a new card to come in the mail, and my old one will only work if they're swiping it directly, which neither SCRC nor Reprogenetics would do. Given the hassle, I figure it's better to wait and give them a card they can actually run.
With that all sorted out for the time being, E and I went down to my ultrasound and even more good news. Both my left and right ovary each had 6 tiny follicles, for a total of 12 follies after only 4 (really 3.5) days of stims! The largest on the left was 8mm with the largest right following just behind at 7mm. This means the follicles are well synced and will hopefully continue to grow at the same rate so they can all mature together. If you recall, I wrote about last cycles stim day 4 ultrasound here and I only had 8 follies visible at that appointment. I did an extra two days of suppression for this cycle so I'm not surprised these follies were a bit smaller but I certainly wasn't expecting to have an extra four right from the get go!
What I'm wondering now, is whether or not I'll have to stim longer than last cycle to give these follies more time to mature their payload. Are two extra days of suppression enough to require an additional day or two of stims? I already have to order a third cartridge of Omnitrope, with the adjusted dosage the two cartridges I bought will only last about 8 days and I'm anticipating needing enough for at least 11-12 days. I don't know if I'll get lucky enough to have Kaiser cover this last vial like the did the other two, but it would be seriously wonderful if they could.
![]() |
| Please order more things. I don't have enough boxes! |


No comments:
Post a Comment