Saturday, September 20, 2014

Trigger Time!

I'm so excited, the follies look absolutely wonderful! I woke up this morning feeling bloated, tender and sore so I knew my ovaries must be ready to pop, especially that right one. A quick ultrasound confirmed that I still have 9 follies on that right side so no wonder I'm sore. I took my 4 vials of Menopur before my appointment and immediately felt it, plus I look like I'm about 6 months pregnant and I'm too tender to bend over @_@

There were so many follies there that it took the tech a bit longer to measure each of them, but the scan showed the fabulous fourteen were in prime condition, with 9 synched up, mature and ready to go. They looked like a bunch of overlapping grapes, I was really impressed she was able to keep track of them at all.
Fabulous Fourteen Follies!
Our doctor was really pleased too. He said that day 12 was the best day to trigger for the best quality embryos and we are likely to have mature eggs in at least the nine out of fourteen, 21, 20, 20, 19, 19, 19, 19, 19, 18, 16, 15, 14, 13, 12. Numbers 14, 15 and 16 might have mature eggs as well, but we aren't counting on that since they were later recruits.

My retrieval is going to be Monday morning at 10:45am so I am triggering tonight at exactly 10:45pm. I have my Novarel ready to mix up and I'm so glad I only have one shot this evening. I also have a double check appointment tomorrow to run labs and make sure the HCG was properly absorbed into my system and I'm trying to squeeze in an acupuncture appointment afterwards. You're supposed to do a back treatment on your ovaries before a retrieval, but since my acupuncturist S is out of town, I need to get in and see one of her coworkers. 

After over 2 years TTC I can't believe we're actually getting ready for our first retrieval. I am so hopeful and excited and jittery, I just know these embryos are going to be good!

No comments:

Post a Comment