Today we were able to check off another thing on our IVF checklist - we officially ordered our donor vials! The doctor in charge of PGD at SCRC has started coordinating with Reprogenetics to get our genetics package ready to go. I was going to ask for a blood draw for PGD tomorrow when the phlebotomist is already doing a draw for estradiol but the PGD doc said no. He'd rather send all our genetic material at once, and since he doesn't want to ship our package on Friday, he asked me to come in and get it done on Monday.
He's also ready for our donor DNA so we went ahead and placed an order for 5 vials. We're going to pick up 3 of them on Monday morning and hand deliver them to SCRC ourselves when I get the draw done. That way he can send our vial and my blood sample in the same package - I might even try to get my mother and sister's saliva samples in the same box but I don't know if the kits will come in time. The other 2 vials will be stored at CA Cryo in case we need them.
I realized I never got a good shot of the EU Menopur mixing needle so I snapped another shot this morning. This was the first batch I'd mixed entirely via needle and it did take longer than it does via Q-Cap. It also seems to get more bubbly which means I spent more time tapping out bubbles and waiting for each vial to settle.
![]() |
| EU Menopur and mixing needle |
The EU Menopur vials are the slightly larger vials with the blue caps. From left to right, you have the 3ml syringe, the mixing needle and the little injecting needle. The mixing needle is really flexible which means you can get into those corners to get every drop, but you do have to do a lot of wiggling and sucking to get everything. More than once I ended up with bubbles on the bottom and had to empty the liquid back in, swirl and tap out the bubbles, and then draw everything back up. It takes awhile to mix a lot of vials.
As for the HGH, I had good luck with the Omnitrope last night and managed to not bruise myself! I did my injection a little closer to my belly button and aside from the heat and soreness that night, there's no other sign of injection besides the tiny pinprick. I'm about an hour away from prepping this evenings injections and will hopefully continue the good luck!

No comments:
Post a Comment