Saturday, September 13, 2014

Follies Ahoy!

Day 4 of stims and my ultrasound showed at least EIGHT follies! This is the best start to a cycle we've had yet!  And although I'm not getting my hopes up, the tech actually wrote 4-5 for each ovary, but I could only see 4 on each when I looked at the screen with her. Maaaaybe 5 on the right side, but she went pretty quickly. They don't measure each follie individually until they're bigger, mine were all under 10mm. They did all look about the same size though which is wonderful, I didn't see any lagging behind or pulling ahead. I forgot to ask my nurse what my estrogen level was since I missed her call and she left a voice mail, but I will definitely remember to ask next time. Until then, my marching orders are to continue with our existing protocol.

I didn't realize E had snapped this photo :) There are my 8 lovely follies, and my lining is 7.7!

I had the same phlebotomist this time as my last appointment, but I decided not to mess around and went straight for the hand. I told him about the bruising from last time and he agreed he'd rather go for the vein he knows he can get in one go, rather than poking and jabbing and bruising me again. It stung again but didn't leave a bruise and it didn't hurt nearly as much as being repeatedly poked.

Our next appointment for ultrasound and labs is Monday morning when I also do my blood draw for PGD and bring in my donor vial to be sent to Reprogenetics. Our clinic's lab guy said he'd rather all our genetic material go out at once so he asked me to let the clinic send the vial instead of having the cryobank send it directly.

Tomorrow I'm expecting my second package from IVFMeds.com and I NEED that package to come on time. Thus far it's mimicked the same delivery movements as the first package and it should be right on schedule for tomorrow morning. I've posted signs on the door for our postman to Not Leave without delivering the package, and there should be someone home all day. If the package doesn't come, I will be completely screwed and will have to rush to a pharmacy and get vials for the weekend. I don't think the Kaiser pharmacy is even open over the weekend so that package has to come on time.

Thinking positive, I'm so excited for those 8 follies. Sticking myself at least 3 times a day will be all worth it if this works!

No comments:

Post a Comment