Out of the eleven, 3 ended up being too immature/small to fertilize, leaving 8 good mature eggs, and 2 of those 8 don't look fabulous after fertilization, giving us the 6. The six all fertilized quickly and easily and are looking really good thus far. Dr. D said getting 80% of the mature eggs to fertilize is very good and I'm really excited for these six. Our next report will be on day 3 when we should be seeing 6-8 cells in each embryo.
![]() |
| Original Photo came from here |
As far as recovery goes, I'm doing better than I expected. I heard all sorts of horror stories about people being in terrible pain after a retrieval and I've been extremely lucky that that hasn't been my experience. I took two Tylenol around 1am and went to sleep with my feet on a big pile of pillows to try and help the bloat go down. Aside from getting up at 1:30, 2:30 and 5:00am to pee, I slept pretty well.
When I finally woke up, it was to the sensation of cramping and stabbing, but in my stomach not my ovaries. My first thought was:
"oh nooooo, is this the god awful constipation everyone talks about??? Noooo do not want!"
Ten seconds later I realized they weren't. Nope. Not even close. They were actually hunger pains! Apparently my body has not caught up to the fact that it's no longer feeding 11 protein leeching follicles and I'm still starving and craving soup. I did end up being a little constipated later but it wasn't anything like people had described, it did not make me feel like my ovaries were going to die and fall out, so clearly guzzling all this water is helping. I'm averaging somewhere between 100-150 ounces a day of PH/electrolyte water, 2-3 of the big bottles from Whole Foods, and I have a couple more left to get me through today.
I took two more Tylenol around 9am just in case and Dr. D told me to take it easy today. Since I inhaled all the Matzo ball soup E brought me yesterday, my first trip out of the house was to Factor's Deli to get two more Matzo ball soups. I'm pretty sure E thinks I'm a little crazy but it's nice to be craving the stuff I'm actually supposed to be eating. Clear, salty broth and protein is exactly what the doctor ordered, and as long as it continues to help, who am I to disagree??

No comments:
Post a Comment