Tuesday, September 9, 2014

IVF Protocol a bit Clearer

Today I picked up my Omnitrope, needles, syringes and Dexamethasone. Kaiser is usually great about prescriptions but this time they were way off - they gave me Omnitrope cartridges in a weird dosage without the pen to inject them, they forgot my injecting needles and only included the mixing ones, and they only had half the needles and syringes I needed. I ended up spending 30 minutes at the counter while they tried to sort everything out and I still ended up without the pen for the Omnitrope. When I called my nurse to talk over it and find out more about my protocol, she had never worked with Omnitrope in this form before and had to sort out how it's going to work. It looks like I'll have to draw it up and inject it with the same needle, which is going to blunt the needle and make it hurt more -_- I'm not excited about that part.

Although I was hoping for only a couple days with tons of injections, it looks like I won't be that lucky:

CD 1: Nothing
CD 2 - 14: BCPs
CD 15 - 17: Nothing
CD 18 - 25:  2 injections of Menopur (4 and 4), 1 injection of Omnitrope and 1mg Dexamethasone

At some point I'll add in an injection of Cetrotide for 4 days, bringing my injection total to 4 injections per day. My little belly is going to be so, so sore! I have to go in tomorrow morning to get the small needles and syringes I'll need for the Omnitrope so I think I'll ask the nurse if I can inject the Omnitrope into a different place. If I'm already doing two injections into my belly each day, I'd really like to not have to add two more to the same place.

I was going to insert a photo of my new supplies in here, but I'm too lazy to take one right now. Just picture lots of needles and syringes, including big mixing needles, and I'll post one tomorrow when I'm less lazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment