Thus far, I've had:
- Head aches - I can't tell if these are from the Menopur/Omnitrope or from the insane heat we've been having. I've only had two that were really unpleasant and I'm trying to drink a ton of water in case it's the heat since I can't take Advil
- Cramps - These I think are mostly from my period take two, the withdrawal bleeding you get after you stop birth control, but I've had twinges after every injection as well. They're more in my uterus than my ovaries so who knows what is causing it. My bet is on the Menopur.
- Numb toe - This one is definitely the Omnitrope. One small section of my right big toe went numb, it was the weirdest thing. I had no idea it was a common HGH side effect.
- Sore joints - Again the Omnitrope. Mostly my right knee and it's only been a couple times, another common side effect.
- ITCHING - ding ding ding, we've reached the Cetrotide! The Menopur burns while you inject it, but the Cetrotide itches for at least an hour after. The problem is the itch is under your skin so you couldn't scratch it even if you wanted to scratch a fresh injection site. Gah.
Our protocol now looks like:
CD 1: Nothing
CD 2 - 14: BCPs
CD 15 - 17: Nothing
CD 18 - 22: 600IU Menopur (2 injections), 0.25cc Omnitrope (1 injection) and 1mg Dexamethasone
CD 23 - 24: 600IU Menopur (2 injections), 0.25cc Omnitrope (1 injection), 0.25 Cetrotide (1 injection) and 1mg Dexamethasone
We also need to get the saliva kits shipped out for my mother and sister. They need to be over-nighted there which I'm sure will run us at least $50-$100, and means I need to get them collected and shipped on the same day. This has been a bit more difficult than you'd think since we need to coordinate three schedules and collect samples on the same morning. It's on my to do list for tomorrow so hopefully everything works out.
In the meantime, all my energy is directed at those 9 follicles maturing in my ovaries. Come on follies, grow, grow, grow! I need good, healthy, mature follicles at my appointment tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment