We got our growth report this morning and our embryos are still dividing! We have 4 that look really good with nice, even cell division and 2 that look good but are growing a touch slower. We also have 1 that fertilized but is pretty far behind the others with only 2 cells so we're not sure if that little guy can catch up. E is calling it our runt, Wilbur, but I don't think there's any chance of him catching up.
![]() |
| Original Photo came from here |
I talked to Dr. D about our next cycle and he thinks we're on track to start in about 6 weeks. I didn't get to really clarify what that means since I later realized it could mean taking a month off or not taking a month off. If I get my period in about 2 weeks, then go on birth control for about 2 weeks, then stim for about 2 weeks, that's 6 weeks right there. I was asking if we'd take 6 weeks off doing nothing before starting the next cycle but I don't think I got that across. I'll have to bring it up again another time.
I also asked about the crazy bloating which he said is probably from the HCG as well as the estrogen. He said I should expect it to stick around in my system for at least 10 days so I don't see this belly going down anytime soon. I have no illusions about the physical side effects of infertility and the IVF process but it would be nice if I could save some growth for a baby.
As far as recovery goes, I'm feeling a bit crappier today than yesterday. I'm still only mildly sore but I have a weird nauseous/imminent cold feeling that probably wasn't helped by the fact that I woke up every 2 hours to pee and didn't get great sleep. I'm not sure where I could have picked up a cold since I've been taking it pretty easy and not going anywhere but I can definitely feel it hovering at the edges of my throat. Hopefully it's just the hormones because I can not get sick right before our next cycle.

No comments:
Post a Comment