My first package from IVFMeds.com arrived! And it was, surprisingly, right on time. I know I've already admitted that I was really nervous ordering from overseas - if you google IVFMeds.com there are a couple reports of people complaining about problems with shipping speeds, packages getting stuck in customs and trouble getting refunded. They all made me pretty uncomfortable but since my nurse had never had a problem with them, I ordered anyway.
.....And then called their customer service line about 10 times. Asking about their process, asking about their shipping methods, confirming the order, confirming the prescription for the order, asking about when the package might be here, asking about when the second package should ship - you get the point. I called a lot.
Each time I rang, a customer service rep answered quickly and courteously. I had no problems getting through, they were helpful and friendly, and more importantly they gave me correct information. The British gentleman who answered my last call about the estimated delivery date and the second package shipping was spot on - he told me the package would arrive Saturday (today) and that I needed to have someone home to sign for it. If there wasn't anyone home, he promised me the package wouldn't have any identifying information on it and suggested I leave a note for the postman and ask a neighbor to sign for it. Since they had to split my order into two shipments, the second would be going out Monday and should arrive Thursday.
![]() |
| Excellent packaging |
The postman pulled up right on time Saturday afternoon. I almost missed him because he heard my dogs bark and decided to just drop the note in my mail slot and run without ringing the doorbell. I'm so glad I had the heads up from customer service or I wouldn't have been lurking around waiting for him. This one didn't exactly have nerves of steel.
On to the package! The order came in two envelopes - an outer poly bag with no identifying marks and an inner padded envelop. Each box of medicine was wrapped in bubble wrap, and since this order contained 32/72 Menopur, my two individual vials of Menopur were bubble wrapped and then placed inside a separate small box. I opened each package to inspect the vials and every one of them arrived safe and sound.
As I expected, the European Menopur comes with glass ampoules of Sodium Chloride instead of glass vials. You're supposed to snap the tops off at the marked weak point and draw up the liquid with a needle and syringe. The US Menopur comes with glass vials and Q-Caps - these little plastic caps that snap onto the glass vial and allow you to mix the Menopur without a needle and syringe. It doesn't look like these ampoules would be terribly hard to use, but since I have tons and tons of Sodium Chloride vials left over from my IUIs, I don't think I'll need to use these. I will probably just use the American Sodium Chloride vials with a Q-Cap and a European Menopur vial. The European Menopur also comes 10 vials to a box, while the US version comes 5 vials to a box.
Thus far I'm really pleased with IVFMeds.com - their service has been great and as long as my second package comes on time and the medicine works as it should, I will have no problem recommending them to anyone else going through IVF.



No comments:
Post a Comment