Thursday, June 26, 2014

TWW: We Meet Again, Endometrin

This morning marked the beginning of Endometrin round two. Oh most hated adversary, we meet again at last. I knew this day would come.

dun Dun DUN!!!

I know that this particular medication shouldn't be a big deal, it's not an injection or something particularly painful, but it's still, by far, the most obnoxious medication I need to take. Let's run through the side effects according to the manufacturer:
  • mild nausea, vomiting, bloating, stomach cramps;
  • diarrhea, constipation, bloating;
  • dizziness, drowsiness, tired feeling;
  • pain in your vaginal or rectal area;
  • pain during intercourse;
  • loss of interest in sex;
  • breast pain, swelling, or tenderness;
  • joint or muscle pain;
  • increased night-time urination; or
  • vaginal itching, burning, or discharge.
If you look carefully, many of these symptoms mimic early pregnancy symptoms. A super cruel joke to play on the woman who is desperately hoping to find out she's pregnant, examining every cramp and hiccup as a possible indicator that this cycle was a success. Others are just horrible sounding, and I count myself lucky that I only experience the mild ones. Last cycle I had to deal with bloating, cramps, tiredness, all the time peeing, crazy sore boobies, and the lack of sex and general grossness that comes with having a pill up your ladybits that dissolves throughout the day, necessitating the wearing of panty liners. Can we saw EW? EW.

At least my injections were a brief inconvenience, a moment of pain that was mostly gone in under a minute.  Twice daily Endometrin, on the other hand, is the gift that just keeps on giving. For a minimum of two weeks, and a maximum of 10 weeks if I do get pregnant. This is one medication I could seriously do without, if I wasn't willing to do anything possible to get and stay pregnant.

Little cells that should be dividing in there, this is all for you. E, I apologize for the lack of sexy time in your future. Only 8 more days till I can pee on a stick and hopefully find out that we're pregnant (if it's not too early), making all of this worth it. I can't give headspace to the next leg of our journey if we are successful, so I'm focusing everything on that positive test. 

Update: I took an HPT this afternoon and got a clear negative, which means the trigger is flushed out of my system. Any positive we get should be genuine from here on out!

No comments:

Post a Comment