The ground floor was empty, not even the security guard was there, and I went up to the third floor lab to find that dark and deserted too. Not only was the floor empty, but the lab was closed on the weekend, despite what the Phone Nurse had told me yesterday. I was not at all amused and went up to the next floor where my RE's office is to ask one of the nurses if I should try another lab. This is what I saw when I stepped off the elevator:
As you can see, that door is clearly locked. There wasn't a soul on the floor to ask and even the door to the stairs was locked. I pushed the call button to get another elevator back down and the cabin was full of cheerful construction workers who were happy to joke about my appointment screw up but who said they weren't planning on unlocking the door until 11am. Well, Fuck.
I got back down to the ground floor and decided to try the medical offices next door, which I knew would have an open lab on the 3rd floor and hopefully someone I could talk to. Thankfully the lab was open, if busy, and I was able to get my E2 drawn by 7:30am. The techs were really nice but had no idea when the neighboring building would be opening back up so I went back to the ground floor and just as I was leaving, I saw a security guard who was heading out the front door. She was exactly the kind of person I had been looking for and she told me she was on her way now to unlock my floor! Yay!
We walked back over and as she was letting me in, one of the nurses showed up. By the time I had sat down in the waiting room, 3 couples who were clearly doing their IUIs today rushed in. Three more nurses followed them and another 3 couples, packing the waiting room and making it look as if the place had been open for hours. Everyone was quietly talking to their partners but it was obvious they had been super worried when they couldn't get in. Normally Saturday is reserved for IUI procedures and I was the only one there being checked.
My ultrasound showed that my 7 follies are still in excellent shape and have grown so quickly over the past day that they surpassed our wildest expectations. Normal growth is about 1-2mm per day, but my biggest follicle had boomed from 15mm to 19mm with several 18mm and 17mm friends to keep it company. The dominant follicles are starting to edge out and steal resources from the smaller ones, Nurse C made a joke about survival of the fittest, and I think the smallest two are now 12mm and 13mm. I was a little bummed they didn't get a nice boost in growth but it's normal progression once the dominant follicles get this large.
My E2 came back at 1476 which is fabulous, that's 210 for each of the 7 if you assume they're equal which they're probably not. I think those bigger 19, 18, 17 follies are probably putting out more than 200 now. I'm waiting now for confirmation that I'm triggering today and am planning on the IUI happening on Monday!
So excited! We should be triggering with several mature eggs, I really think this is our month!


No comments:
Post a Comment