Thursday, June 12, 2014

IUI Take Two, The (Second) First Injection

This mornings injection, the first one of our second cycle, went pretty well. Mixing everything up was second nature at this point, and it was nice to only have to mix 4 vials at once. E is off work today, his first off day in forever, so he was able to keep me company while I did it. It was a really wonderful change.

The injection itself wasn't too bad, but I did feel a little out of practice. I felt that edgy sense of panic rise up for a second right before I stuck the needle in, but it was gone as quickly as it appeared. I need to try and remember how I sat last time for the most comfortable injection, the needle was a little uncomfortable in my skin and I couldn't tell if I was sitting wrong or just needed to desensitize myself a bit. It burned going in as usual, but like before it's nothing unbearable if I go slowly. I'll probably try a different position for my injection tonight to see if it helps.

4 Days of Menopur, so many vials!

To try and limit skin irritation, I'm going to trade off sides in the morning and evenings. This morning I injected on the right side, so I'll do tonight's injection on the left. Last cycle I did one side per day to give the skin time to heal, but that won't be possible with two injections daily instead of one.

I'm also unnecessarily concerned that I'll forget to do one of the injections. Last cycle I was so strict and focused it felt like tunnel vision. I'm trying to be more relaxed about this one. I'm "cheating" on the acupuncture diet, although I'm still faithfully taking my supplements and drinking my tea, and I'm trying not to stress about things. Tomorrow I have acupuncture and I go in for my E2 ultrasound and labs on Monday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment