Tuesday, June 24, 2014

TWW: IUI #2 Protocol

This cycle we went with the "Nuclear Option" and bombarded my ovaries with the maximum dose of Menopur. It was a big, somewhat expensive, gamble but it paid off and I ended up recruiting an unprecedented 7 follicles! I really think this is going to be our lucky cycle. If not, I think we'd definitely follow this protocol or a similar one again since it produced such good results.

Here's the protocol we followed this cycle:

CD 1:                   No Meds
CD 2:                   Base Ultrasound, 6 antral follicles visible (Acupuncture)
CD 2 - CD 11:     Birth Control Pills
CD 12 - CD 14:   No Meds
CD 15 - CD 18:   8 vials Menopur, 600ul, divided into 2 doses daily (Acupuncture)
CD 19:                 E2 220 and Ultrasound, 5 small follicles visible 
CD 19 - CD 20:   8 vials Menopur, 600ul, divided into 2 doses daily
CD 21:                 E2 538 and Ultrasound, 7 maturing follicles visible, 10-14mm
CD 21 - CD 23:   6 vials of Menopur, 450ul
CD 23:                 E2 926 and Ultrasound, 7 maturing follicles visible, 13-15mm (Acupuncture)
CD 24:                 E2 1476 and Ultrasound, 7 maturing follicles visible, dominant follies 17-19mm
CD 24:                 Ovidrel Trigger Shot
CD 25:                 No Meds
CD 26:                 IUI #2, count 148 million with 70% motility (Acupuncture)
CD 27:                 Acupuncture
CD 28 - CD 38:   Endometrin twice daily (Progesterone Suppositories)
CD 30:                 Acupuncture
CD 37:                 Acupuncture
CD 39:                 Pregnancy Test


I had another acupuncture appointment today, CD 27, with a different acupuncturist since S was unavailable. I've seen her once before and she's also really good, with a little more emphasis on the Chinese MEDICINE aspect and a little less on the mind-body-spirit thing. It might be because I told her about my background in Science and she is tailoring her approach to my needs. Either way, I appreciate it! Her needles always hurt a little more because she places each one very precisely, but I can tell she's hitting the points when I have a reflexive twitch or feel increased blood flow to the area. This time there were 5 needles in my ear, which is apparently a point for the uterus. Crazy cool stuff.

Looking at the schedule all laid out, there's no way I'm going to be waiting the whole two weeks to test.  I'm thinking I'll test for the trigger in a day or two to make sure it's flushing out and then test for a positive at around 11 days, July 4th. A positive would be such a nice Independence Day surprise! 

No comments:

Post a Comment