Monday, June 16, 2014

Off To A Good Start!

This mornings ultrasound and lab work yielded some pretty promising results! It's too early to tell for sure because my follicles are still really small, but there were five little follies visible! FIVE! She measured two of them and noted the other three, but I was exceptionally pleased. All this Menopur hasn't been for nothing! My E2 labs were also really promising, 220 at first draw! Last cycle my E2 was only 68 at first draw so 220 sounds absolutely fabulous, there's definitely some good eggs developing in there.

I picked up 20 more vials for the next two days, another $1,158.01 on the credit card. The pharmacist ringing me up scanned the Menopur, looked at the monitor, her eyes went wide and she said:

"Uhh...are you aware of the cost of the medication?..." 
"You mean the fact that it's $1200 for two days worth? Yup"
"OH GOOD, I didn't want to say it..."

The other pharmacist next to her looked over and commented on the cost too, but then she recognized the Menopur, smiled and said:

"Don't worry, it's for a good cause, and it will all be worth it in the end"

I know our bill is going to be crazy high this month, but I can't help agreeing with her. What's a couple extra thousand when it compares to having a child? If we're successful, it will indeed be worth it in the end.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment