With the wedding only three months and change away, I've been trying to figure out what I'm going to do with my hair. My hair has always been weeeeeird, as a child I was pretty much bald as an egg until I was three or four. After that, I had white blond peach fuzz that slowly grew out to about two or three inches by five. As I grew older, it slowly turned brown but didn't make it past my chin until I was 11 or 12. Then, it grew out, painfully slowly, to about half way down my back which is the longest it's ever been. It did begin to get super wavy/curly which was nice but never got any thicker, much to my dismay.
Since I've always had short hair or long stringy hair, I've never had a problem cutting it. I grow it out, hack it all off, rinse and repeat. Since my hair grows so slowly, this cycle would horrify most people since it takes at least two years to get it long enough to cut. Every time I sit in that salon chair and say "chop it off till you reach the healthy bits" someone in the salon inevitably gasps in horror and says "wow that's a really big change" or "are you sure you want to cut that much off??" Yes fellow salon patrons, I am really sure.
The last time I hacked all my hair off was January 2010. I was getting ready to leave for Europe with E and told my hairstylist to have at it with the scissors.
Before
January 16, 2010 - Seriously messy locks after riding all the roller coasters at Six Flags
After
January 20, 2010 - Straight from the salon to the airport lol! it's been straightened here but you can see how short it is.
After After
January 24, 2010 - you can see the big ringlet curls coming out, even stuffed under my hat
So, for the wedding I'm not really sure what to do. I've been growing it out to have more options since it's so thin and i have so little of it but I'm not sure I look my best with long hair. I was sort of set on having it half up and half down to disguise how little hair I have. Does that even work?
But, lately I've been wavering in the face of some of the really loose, curly up do's. Some of them are really gorgeous, soft and romantic while falling somewhere between up and down.
|
However, lately I've also been tempted to just chop it all off again and just leave it short and curly for the wedding. Though it's harder to find pictures of short, curly brides it's not impossible.
I'm also totally in love with birdcage veils. I've fallen head over heels for this one in particular and have been stalking it on etsy for months. I'm thinking of having it made with ivory and cornflower blue flowers. What do you think? Would it look better with an up do or down do? My mom has a looong trailing veil that she thought I might wear but it reminds me of a ghost sheet so it's really not me.
What do you think? What do you ladies do with your hair for special occasions? What do you think I can do with my limp, baby fine hair??

No comments:
Post a Comment