So I was all ready to post something exciting about the wedding, like my proposal story or engagement ring pictures, but instead I've found myself stranded at the car dealership. I started my day productively, my honey and I went to his Doctor's appointment (which took FOREVER) and we dropped by Ross to return a jar and get more for the candy buffet. Ross is an awesome place for apothecary jars right now but you need to inspect each one carefully. We didn't take one out of the box when we bought it and it ended up having a chip in it, hence the return. A quick stop for lunch and then I was planning to head over to my friend's to spend the day with my favorite little person in the world, Roxie. I loaded up my car with Roxie's Christmas presents and goodies and this is where the problem started.
When I tried to start my car at about 2pm, the engine wouldn't turn over. I'd needed a jump start every day this week and figured that my battery was on it's way out. After six attempts at jump starting, the darn thing turned on and I figured I should call the dealership and check out the battery. It was too much to hope that they'd have an appointment open tomorrow so they asked me to come in right away. If you live in Los Angeles, you'll know that going anywhere on a Friday is a bad, bad idea. An hour later I'd finally made it to the dealer and figured I'd be out in no time to go see Rox and her awesome mama. Boy, was I wrong!
It's now 8:30pm and I am still, regrettably, sitting in the car dealership's waiting room. A quick hour long check turned into a 4 hour check which turned into $700 dollars in car repairs and another hour or two for E to drive out and get me. That means I've been sitting at the dealership for the past FIVE AND A HALF HOURS and will likely be sitting here for more. Man I hope I get out of here soon. This feels horrifyingly like a couple months ago when my car was in the shop for more repairs. They don't have my parts in stock so I'll have to wait till Monday. Hopefully it'll be done Monday or Tuesday since I have to house sit Wednesday!
No comments:
Post a Comment