Sunday, December 19, 2010

A Girls Best Friend

I realized, rather belatedly, that I never shared any pictures of the gorgeous engagement ring E and I designed. If you've read my proposal story, you'll know that since we were traveling in Europe when E proposed, we decided to design a ring together when we got home. It would have been absolutely impossible, not to mention dangerous, to try and carry the ring with him through three different countries and we loved the idea of designing one together.

Ring 4



My family has a jeweler that they've been using for as long as I can remember. He lives across the street from my grandmother's house and whenever we want something made we walk across and knock on his door. He and his wife are incredibly sweet and without them E and I never would have been able to have my engagement ring made. He is also the jeweler who made our promise rings in 2007, another project that would have been impossible had we been paying normal retail prices. E and I still wear them today although E's will need to find a new finger to live on once we're married! Mine just moved over to my right hand since my fingers are equally long and skinny on both hands.

On both occasions, E and I had the absolute tightest of budgets. In 2007 we were still both in school so we had a $400 max budget for each ring. For my engagement ring, both our families pitched in to donate ugly or broken gold jewelry that our jeweler bought and put towards the ring. E's mom donated her wedding rings from her first marriage, a bracelet. and a tiny diamond from E's grandmother. My mom donated the wedding band from her marriage, some broken earrings and a number of ring settings. The end result was an absolutely gorgeous ring with a little bit of everyone thrown in. It's not too big, not too small, and I absolutely love it.

I will now share a gratuitous amount sparkily photos:


Ring 5
My skinny fingers 

Engagement Ring <3 It's like Evan and I coming together! (awww can you feel the sappiness?)
Black and white

IMG_4211
My promise ring, E's promise ring, My Engagement ring


IMG_4184
I love how the ring hugs the diamond


Past blurring out as the Future comes into focus :3
Promise ring and Engagement ring


Stacked! Check out that bling!
You can really see how beat up E's promise ring is >_<

No comments:

Post a Comment