Well I set up a bunch of dated posts to keep track of my weight loss and haven't been able to post any of them. Our best man came into town to visit and even though he's on a diet too, we have an engrained tradition of visiting a different restaurant every night. The byproduct of 9 days of eating out, sometimes multiple times a day, is too terrible for me to examine and I have not gone anywhere near the bathroom scale.
Then, as soon as he left, I came down with the stomach flu and am pretty sure I lost 10 pounds in one day. For fear of stepping on the scale and seeing the same number as before I spent a day hugging my trash can, meaning that I had in fact gained 10 pounds and my day of puking was secretly hiding that, I haven't gone anywhere near the scale.
To add to everything, the food you're allowed to eat when you're sick doesn't exactly inspire weight loss. You have no idea how many calories and carbs are hiding in those tiny little saltine crackers. And chicken soup has a surprising amount of fat in it. I thought of changing things up but made the mistake of trying to eat a baked potato last night so I'm going back to my crackers and soup.
Since this is clearly a message from my stomach that it's time to get back on my diet, I promise to get back on the diet as soon as I can keep my food in my stomach.
No comments:
Post a Comment