Unfortunately, I was feeling really under the weather with a nasty cold so we spent the rest of the day sleeping off my European cold medicine relaxing, one of the only times we weren't busy seeing museums or sights on the trip. For my birthday dinner we made reservations at Cafe de l'Homme, a restaurant inside the Musee de l'Homme with a wall of glass overlooking the Eiffel Tower and pink crystal chandeliers hanging from the ceiling. I may have actually made this reservation in the lobby of our five star hotel, which we stayed in for just that night, in my pajamas and a coat but the cold medicine was really effective so I don't remember the details. I do know that by the evening I was feeling much better. The French food was really adventurous and delicious and we had a fantastic time, finishing up everything just before 10pm.
At night, the Eiffel Tower lights up for the first 6 minutes of every hour. To get a better view, E led us outside to the front of the museum and into one of the buildings architectural cubbies to watch the light show.
Behind the spot where E proposed
The view was absolutely spectacular (you can see the reflection in the building window!) and when I turned to look back at E he had taken my hand and was on one knee. He asked me to marry him at 10:05 and after spending 8 years of my life with him I couldn't imagine a better man to say yes to. Since we were traveling, he proposed without a ring and we decided to design one together once we got home.
Me right before the proposal. I think the red nose is due to my cold but it might also be because of the cold weather!
No comments:
Post a Comment