Since we weren't trick or treating or partying this Halloween, I decided to make some epic Halloween brownies. I got the perfect recipe from Picky Palate for Shortbread Candy Corn Kissed Brownies and they turned out beyond delicious. To save you the trouble of clicking the link, here's the recipe.
Shortbread Candy Corn Kissed Brownies
1 family size brownie mix (9×13 inch size)
2 sticks softened butter
1/2 Cup granulated sugar
2 Tablespoons packed brown sugar
1 3/4 Cup flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 bag Candy Corn Kisses, or any flavor you like, unwrapped
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare brownie mix according to package directions, set batter aside. In a stand mixer, beat butter and sugars until creamy and light. Slowly add flour and salt until combined. Press shortbread dough into a 11×7 inch baking dish lined with foil and sprayed with cooking spray. Top shortbread dough with 50 kisses then pour brownie batter evenly over top of kisses. Bake for 50-60 minutes or until toothpick comes clean from center. Let cool completely before cutting into squares.
2. Place remaining kisses in double broiler to melt. Spread melted chocolate over brownies, sprinkle if desired and serve.
12 brownies
Now when I made them I made a few changes. I used an 11x13 glass pyrex pan and it made 32 nice sized brownies, not 12. I used Ghirardelli brownie mix and definitely couldn't fit 50 kisses in the pan, I fit 40 tops and they probably could have gone for about 65 minutes. I also topped mine with melted kisses and covered them in a mix of sprinkles, though I needed more than one bag for the topping.
Now, I present some remarkably bad iPhone photos after the jump:
Candy corn kisses on shortbread
Brownie mix going into the pan
Brownies fresh out of the oven!
Double boiler!
Shoddy decorating, we had a tough time waiting for the brownies to cool.
Happy Halloween!
Thank you so much Picky Palate for the great recipe!
No comments:
Post a Comment