As you might have gathered from the previous post, I'm a little bit of a Harry Potter fan. Not fanatical enough to dress up
only because I don't have Hogwarts robes. I totally dressed up for Pirates of the Caribbean but crazy enough to have to see it at midnight. This proved to be more difficult than I expected since tickets apparently went on sale over two weeks early. Back when we kicked it old school, I used to stand in line for hours and hours to get tickets. Once we could buy them online, I stood in line for hours and hours to get the best seats. Now that there's assigned seating, all that line waiting craziness has transformed into obsessive refreshing to buy tickets before they sell out. The local theatre by my house has 15, count them 15, theaters showing Harry Potter 7 part 1. Since I wasn't fast enough, I had to wait for the first 7 or so theaters to fill up those annoying front row seats so they'd open the 8th which I got tickets in. It was nerve wracking I tell you, and I was just getting ready to shell out the big bucks (as if movies weren't expensive enough as is) to a scalper to get my HP fix when I got ahold of four prime seats. They're in a theater that's smaller than I'd like but I'll take it.
While I really like having guaranteed good seats for my movie, I kind of miss the fan line waiting experience. There was a certain camaraderie in waiting in line with other people as crazy as you thats really been lost. No more geeking it out with total strangers over favorite books. No more checking out everyones cool costumes. But at least I get lovely seats and don't have to show up till right before the movie.
----------------------------------------------------Update--------------------------------------------------------
Just arrived home from the movie and WOW. I totally love Harry Potter but it kills me when they cut stuff out! I would totally have gone to see two or three or four or more movies of each book in theater, even if I had to shell out 20 bucks a ticket for each one. They should have made a minimum of two movies per book starting with book two but I must confess I love them regardless. Anyway, no spoilers for those who haven't seen it yet, so I would highly recommend you go out and see it ASAP! And then, come back and talk to me about it!
No comments:
Post a Comment