Hudson Coffee Table, from Pottery Barn
Can I get an OMG??
Can you wolf whistle at furniture?
I'm sure for most people a coffee table is just a coffee table, but we've never received a present like this before! Most if not all of my furniture is an antique I purchased myself (dresser, table, headboard & footboard), something bought second hand (aquarium, bed), a childhood relic (bookcase, couch) or ikea (bookcase, etc). I don't think I've ever received a gorgeous new piece of furniture like this before that's actual wood and not particle board, assembly required, whoops we forgot to send those screws or punch the screw holes or some other variety of do it yourself required. Not that I don't enjoy stalking craigslist for good stuff or drilling new holes because the factory forgot to, I just can't wait to get my hands on this solid, mahogany gorgeous coffee table that should be perfect just as it is.
Course now that I've said that I'm sure the delivery people will accidentally drop it or something, but if all goes well we should be getting it today!
Which unfortunately brings us to the next point. We live with my mother and sister. My bed frame, dining room table, couch and the rest of my house lives in our garage. Last night I had to go rearrange things, get rid of stuff and strap my bike to the wall so that there is room in our icky garage for our gorgeous coffee table. It's essentially sacrilege to put something this beautiful in a garage that icky but I don't see any other options. We can't put it in the house because there's no room but we want to keep it in pristine condition. Do we ask them to open the box first to check it out and make sure it's perfect before storing it in the icky garage? Or put it right into storage? Gosh I hate to do this to such a pretty gift, but it won't fit in the bedroom :(
At least my honey and I made a deal, if someone gets us the gorgeous matching entertainment center we'll get rid an older beat up piece of furniture. I can't see that ever happening but just in case!
No comments:
Post a Comment