Well the first week or so of wedding dieting has been a mixture of successes and failures. I really, REALLY should have gone shopping first because there was almost nothing on diet to eat in the house which made starting the diet almost impossible. Normally when I'm going to start a diet I pack the house full of fruit, vegetables, rice cakes, lunch meat, sliced cheese, low calorie popsicles, yogurt, nuts and a variety of easy to grab snacks. Instead, my house is packed full of bread, pasta, cookies, hot chocolate, no fruit, no veggies, popcorn and hot dogs. Oh boy. Most days I've managed to stay mostly on diet while other days like yesterday end up with me eating 4 tacos for lunch and two corn quesadillas for dinner. It wasn't even that I wanted Mexican food, it was just the only thing left in the house that my family ended up having. This is a big difference for me since I normally diet all or nothing, I've never had a diet where I "cheated" before.
So, one week in, I have lost a whopping 1-2 pounds. Depressing, no? I know it's on track with healthy weight loss, but after working all week to scrounge up edible food I wish there was a bigger result. The last time I started a diet for my friends wedding I had lost almost 7 pounds in a week and a bit. Seeing only 1-2 missing pounds feels like a failure even though it's technically progress. I'm going to try and go shopping to make things a bit easier on myself. I should also probably stop eating popcorn, but in my defense it's only because I've been watching all the Harry Potters in preparation for the seventh movie coming out tonight.
Wish me better luck for the next seven days!
No comments:
Post a Comment