Tuesday, April 28, 2015

7dp5/6dt - Spotting Vanished!

Yesterday, even though I know it's normal, the pink spotting was really freaking me the fuck out. It finally, mercifully, stopped after a little over an hour, and I haven't seen even the tiniest trace of it since although I'm still holding my breath every time I pee. I know logically that since it was pink, it was probably from my cervix which has to be supremely pissed off from all the progesterone I've been shoving up there.

The blood was also somewhat streaky, meaning there's a good chance it could be implantation bleeding, a small bleed from the embryo burrowing into the uterine lining and shoving some aside as it gets cozy. You usually get implantation bleeding about 10-14 days after conception, although it's a little different with IVF. I got my spotting 12 days after ovulation, which fits perfectly into that window had we conceived naturally, 6 days after we put our embryo back. If it is implantation bleeding, it could also have been from a couple days before and it just took a little while to make it's way out.

I wasn't going to post a photo because Ewww but then while I was googling implantation bleeding photos for several hours last night I found myself increasingly frustrated that more people hadn't posted their own gross photos. How could I compare my spotting if no one shared theirs?? Did my spotting look normal? Did someone else experience the same thing and have a healthy baby in there? I needed answers! The few people who did post photos, usually on message boards, didn't update the same thread with the outcome which was incredibly obnoxious. So, I decided after much thought to go ahead and post my photo, for the next person out there googling implantation bleeding and freaking out. I promise you I'll update when it turns out that this was implantation bleeding and I have a healthy little fighter in there.

Still, it is a little TMI for many people, so I'm going to post it after the jump so no one gets their sensibilities offended. If you don't want to see blood on a tissue, DO NOT proceed.




Behold! Pink blood on a tissue. This was the heaviest of it, from the first time I noticed it. In person, the color was lighter and very pink. The next potty break showed only a fraction of the blood on the left tissue and then it was gone. It never got heavy enough to reach my panty liner, just the tissue when I wiped carefully.
Left was first pass, right second after I freaked out and started looking for it.
Most of the cramping has died down as well and I don't feel sick and "icky" anymore, although I am getting consistent twinges and little pulls. Every so often there's a sharp pang as well, usually on the left side which is where I was thinking our little one has stuck or sort of running down my pelvic floor. My boobs are also crazy sore and tender and I'm begging the universe to let these be pregnancy symptoms and not just from the progesterone. Just a few more days until the beta, come on little embie, I need you to start pumping out HCG so I know you're safe in there!

No comments:

Post a Comment