More good news from this mornings appointment! It looks like my LH is surging right on time - it was 6 yesterday and jumped to 13.8 today so I am definitely ovulating. Estrogen was up to 219, my progesterone was 0.7 so it should be getting ready to rise and my lining was nice and thick. This gives us a tentative transfer date of next Tuesday, the day after E's birthday. I should really find a way to be more articulate about how I feel but I keep circling back to a messy combination of anxious and excited that makes me want to cry. After almost 3 years, it feels like our take home baby is So Clos, even though I know we still have so far to go.
On Thursday I start the first of my medication - a Z Pack, Medrol and Baby Aspirin. The Medrol, a steroid that is supposed to help with implantation, is only for 4 days and the Z Pack, protection against infection since we're inserting something into my uterus and breaking the mucous barrier, is a 5 day course. I'm pretty sure the baby aspirin is also to help with implantation by improving blood flow and I might take that a bit longer.
 |
| Still a lot of meds for a natural transfer |
The next appointment will be Friday to check in on my progesterone and make sure it's rising appropriately. Then I'll be starting the Estrace (estrogen) and Endometrin (progesterone) that I'll take for the first 12 weeks of pregnancy. My clinic also prescribes Naproxen for the day of transfer, it's actually not a pregnancy safe drug but it prevents uterine contractions that can push the embryo out of the uterus. Since I'll only be taking it that day, before our little embie has implanted, it shouldn't have any effect on them.
Just typing this out I'm so excited and nervous I think I might throw up. By this time next week I'll have our embryo on board, crossing everything and praying to the universe and any deities out there that this little one sticks!
No comments:
Post a Comment