Sunday, May 18, 2014

Congratulations J and C!

Yesterday, my best friend J married his wonderful and lovely fiancee C! J and I have been besties since I was two, he was three, and he realized that my house was the place to go for the good snacks. J and I met E at the same time and the two of them are wonderful friends who spent many days in Las Vegas watching pay per views and playing arcade games while their mothers worked. Growing up, J and I were always together, usually mistaken for twins, and I consider him closer than a sibling. He's the peanut butter to my jelly, the cheese to my cracker, my fantastically brilliant and nerdy Pony, and E and I are so, so over the moon that he's found a woman to spend his life with.

Twinsies
C is a kind, compassionate and sassy woman and we know they will have a happy and laughter filled life together. She balances him, challenges him and makes him a better man. We've been getting to know her over the past three years they've been together and it couldn't be clearer that they're willing to work, sweat and put in whatever is required to build a healthy marriage.  They've already been through the home buying process together, worked out how they want their lives together to function and are ready to go. We're so proud of J and the man he's grown into. 

I don't have photos from their wedding yet, so here's E and J at my wedding
Although J and C live in the Seattle area, their wedding was here in So Cal. Since they were planning things from a distance, they ended up using many of the wonderful vendors E and I used for our wedding. C's dress was made by the incredible Brides by Liza and she was absolutely radiant in a vintagey lace gown with adorable cap sleeves and a sweetheart neckline. They used our favorite photographers in the world, Ohana Photographers, who were every bit as amazing as we remembered them. They were kind enough to snap a couple shots of E and I together and even though it was blazing hot out, I really hope they turned out well. J and C also used phenomenal make up and hair artists,  the talented Daniela Bernotas, Picasso with a makeup brush and the daughter of one of our family friends, and Lindsay, whose last name I can't remember, but who worked magic with every one's hair. C looked truly gorgeous, a more refined and polished version of herself but still authentically "her".  They also used a family friend's bakery for their delicious butter cream cake and a local flower shop for the bouquets.

Unfortunately I was too busy enjoying the wedding to take photos myself, so I'll have to wait until the pro photos come in to post some. I will, however, tease you with a delicious photo of their cake as J and C wind their way up the coast on a sweet, mini honeymoon road trip.

Yes, it was absolutely as delicious as it looks
Congratulations J and C. We wish you health, happiness and the fulfillment of all your hopes and dreams. We love you both so very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment