The back up generators clicked on almost immediately and now the nurses are trying to get the stubborn computers back up. It sounds like half the building is without computers which makes patient check in an interesting experience. Three different nurses have now called for the same person who I'm pretty sure is already back in a room.
Lucky for me, I was able to get my blood drawn before the power went out. My right arm which I use for blood draws 99% of the time is a little battered and bruised so I asked the tech to use my left with its more stubborn veins. I'm starting to make friends with the tech since I'm there basically every day, and I was super impressed when he got it in one go. The vein on that side is really deep and hard to find but he only left a tiny bruise.
![]() |
| Veeeeeeiiiiinnnnnssss |
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Damn, I had typed up a whole post but it didn't save when I put my phone down for my exam. The appointment this morning went well, but it was conducted entirely in the dark. The nurse led me down the dark hallway and into the exam room, lit only by the screen on the ultrasound machine. It actually felt a lot like my acupuncture appointments, minus the candles and soft music and I was afraid I might fall asleep since it was still so early.
Everything was a little awkward since the table was electric and the back up generators didn't provide power to lift it up, but we made it work. The "group of follicles" on my right has been reclassified as a cyst (as I had initially thought) but it's very small and isn't a big concern. The mature follie on the left is a perfect 20mm and has several too small 9-10 follies behind it. There's also a 13mm follie on the right, but it's pretty small too. Dr. K said not to discount it entirely, so we're calling my total loot a follicle and a half. My estrogen supports that at around 280 so I was given the all clear to trigger tonight! I'm nervous and excited all rolled in one, I need that egg to have my healthy X chromosome.
In the midst of all this infertility chaos, my best friend J is marrying his wonderful fiancee, C. I'm the Best Woman in their wedding and have felt awful about my infertility crap interfering with their wedding plans. Luckily, our IUI will be done before the wedding but it's still on the morning of the Bachelor/Bachelorette party, and I'm going to have to sneak away after the rehearsal but before the rehearsal dinner for some quick acupuncture. I'm so excited for them to tie the knot and the ceremony should be intimate, personal and beautiful.
In the midst of all this infertility chaos, my best friend J is marrying his wonderful fiancee, C. I'm the Best Woman in their wedding and have felt awful about my infertility crap interfering with their wedding plans. Luckily, our IUI will be done before the wedding but it's still on the morning of the Bachelor/Bachelorette party, and I'm going to have to sneak away after the rehearsal but before the rehearsal dinner for some quick acupuncture. I'm so excited for them to tie the knot and the ceremony should be intimate, personal and beautiful.

No comments:
Post a Comment