First, we got to our appointment at 9am. E had a little trouble parking but eventually got an excellent spot right by the front door. I had my vitals taken, blood pressure and temperature, and we dropped off our swimmers. The processing takes a little while to complete so the nurse suggested we go grab a quick bite.
It is hotter than hell today, over 100 degrees, and E's only request was that we not walk far in the heat. Lucky for him, there was a busy Mexican restaurant right across the street from the hospital and I love Mexican food, morning, noon and night. I got a delicious pollo asada plate, chicken breast and beans, and E had some yummy looking heuvos rancheros. It was the perfect little pick me up before the procedure and was just enough to tide me over. We had a quick walk back to the hospital and then it was time!
The actual IUI itself went very quickly. The sperm was loaded into the syringe with a catheter, the nurse put the speculum in, definitely the most uncomfortable part, threaded the catheter in which just felt like a little pressure and bam, swimmers are on their way. Afterwards I laid with my knees up for 15 minutes and since my acupuncturist insists that sperm respond to positive energy, E and I played some music and sent positive thoughts to my egg and the swimmers. I had really minimal cramping and the tiniest bit of blood a couple hours later, but overall I feel pretty good.
I have everything crossed, hoping that a lucky sperm makes it to a healthy egg with my unaffected X chromosome. We are so ready for a family and it feels so close. My pregnancy test should be done around May 28th and until then I'm going to try and keep myself occupied. Tonight is my friend's bachelor party and we're hitting up Yamashiro for some steak and sushi and the Laugh Factory for some entertainment. It should be a wonderful night and an excellent distraction.
![]() |
| Go swimmers, go! |
I have everything crossed, hoping that a lucky sperm makes it to a healthy egg with my unaffected X chromosome. We are so ready for a family and it feels so close. My pregnancy test should be done around May 28th and until then I'm going to try and keep myself occupied. Tonight is my friend's bachelor party and we're hitting up Yamashiro for some steak and sushi and the Laugh Factory for some entertainment. It should be a wonderful night and an excellent distraction.

No comments:
Post a Comment