Saturday, July 5, 2014

TWW: BFN Or Too Early?

At 6:30 this morning I woke up and had to pee so bad that I couldn't go back to sleep. I had a silent internal debate with myself - should I test with a 6 hour hold? Did it count as FMU if I intended to sleep another 6 hours? I finally sucked it up, went pee, and took the test.

At first glance I saw the control line come up and a stark white test area. Negative. I put it away and decided to go back to sleep where I felt miserable and tried to convince myself it's still too early. Once I finally fell back asleep, I dreamt that I woke up, looked again and the test was positive. No such luck in real life. I woke up, E and I checked it, and it's still as negative as ever. 


There are now two possibilities:

1. I'm not pregnant. Fuck. 
2. I didn't ovulate on the day of the IUI so it's actually earlier than 11 DPO and too soon to test. 

Either way, that negative feels just a shitty as I anticipated. How could 148 million sperm and 7 eggs fail to meet up? If this really is a negative, I need to call our clinic and start asking questions about the experience of their embryologist and how often they do PGD cycles. I really don't think I can justify another IUI cycle at $4,000 per cycle but I also don't want to waste any time. Maybe we should start building the probe now and try one or two more IUI cycles while they build it, just in case. 

1 comment:

  1. Oh man, I'm sorry. I hope it's just too early and your BFP shows up tomorrow, but I know how much it sucks to see that BFN anyway.

    ReplyDelete