Sunday, July 6, 2014

IUI #2 Failed: BFN

Well as we expected, the blood test was negative. Not pregnant, again. I still can't believe that not one of the 148 million sperm could find one of the seven eggs waiting for them. That's some seriously rotten luck.

So now we need to decide what to do. Prepare for IVF? Keep doing IUI? I don't know what the right choice is. In theory I should start another cycle so I can continue the back to back cycle boost. I'm leaning towards starting the PGD process while doing another IUI, hope for the best but prepare for the worst. I just emailed Dr. K so we'll see what she says.

Too True

Maybe the third try will be our lucky cycle. We're still under the national average of 4 IUI attempts per pregnancy. It's pretty hard to keep a positive outlook in the face of all these negatives, but the pain of not trying and having no chance is much worse than the pain of trying and failing.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry. That must be so incredibly frustrating. I agree though - the pain of not trying is worse than the pain of trying and failing. You gotta be in it to win it, and so on. Still, though - I'm so sorry this try didn't work. I'm hoping third try is the charm for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I think we got our hopes up a little too high this cycle after the initial good start. I kept telling myself it had worked so it ended up being a bigger let down. I think I'll be a little more cautious about next cycle, however we end up trying.

    ReplyDelete