Tuesday, July 22, 2014

One Down, ? To Go

I had my consult for USC today and I'm sorry to say I don't think they're going to be the right fit for us. I absolutely love, love, love my doctor, she's wonderful, but the clinic just didn't really click with me. They don't do many PGD cycles which makes me a bit uncomfortable and they're $4,000 more.  They're also smack in the middle of downtown which means an hour there in traffic and at least an hour back which I would love to avoid if possible. They don't validate their parking which, while it's only $8 bucks each time, is an annoyance that really bugged me. If I'm spending almost $40,000, the least they could do is validate my parking. I wasn't feeling great coming out and their parking structure, which has the stupidest design known to man, kind of sealed the deal for me. There are two levels each named P1, P2 and P3 and I spent 10 minutes wandering around trying to figure out why my car wasn't on P2 when I was damn sure I'd parked it there. It was on the other P2, in the same structure, with no apparent way of distinguishing the two according to the parking attendant I asked -_- It all rubbed me the wrong way.

So that leaves us with HRC, who work with both Reprogenetics and RGI, the two genetics labs we're considering, or another clinic TBD a bit closer to my house. I'm thinking either SCRC or Reproductive Partners. With USC likely out of the running, I feel like I need to compare HRC to at least one or two more clinics before I can be make a decision either way. HRC seems to have a lot of experience even though they're kind of far away and if I could be sure they were the most experienced out there, I would be okay with the distance.

Cycle wise, I still have unresolved corpus luteum cysts from last cycle so I'm stopping birth control and we'll be officially starting IVF in a month. This is probably a good thing, even though we'd like to start ASAP, because it gives us more time to pick a clinic and more time to work on building a probe and getting our genetics stuff in order. I wish each answer didn't come with a hundred more questions but that seems to be how things work in the infertility game.

No comments:

Post a Comment