Saturday, October 16, 2010

First Dress Fitting!

Yesterday at 6:00 pm I had my first official fitting for the dress. It wasn't too much to be excited over since it was just a line fitting, and there was no actual dress to try on, but it was still exciting because it's progress!

Liza had a piece of thin blue satin cut to the pattern of the body of the dress from the neckline to my thighs. It  was assembled from four panels sewn together that pinned closed in the back. They marked my waist, where the sweetheart neckline should dip to, how rounded the boob shields should be along with all sorts of embarrassing measurements, like where my boob chub ends, where my belly is and where it creases when I sit down. Ideally knowing all these embarrassing facts should help hide them from my guests on the day of the wedding, assuming I haven't worked them off yet. I have some hope for the little belly but I'm not sure about the boob chub, the only time I can recall not having it after puberty was when I worked out with a personal trainer in high school and it was more muscle than chub. Come to think of it, I'm not even sure if that counts since it was still there, just harder and creepier since it flexed when I moved like tiny aliens in my arm pits. Sorry for the TMI.

[twilight-monique-lhuillier-wedding-dress-pattern
Random dress pattern, in theory I have one of these too!

My next fitting isn't until December 10th so I have a little time to try and shrink the belly. If I manage to lose more weight between December and March, they can still alter the dress up until I take it from them which is awesome. I'm not sure how the weight loss is supposed to happen since I'm working out but haven't altered my diet (whoops) but hopefully it'll happen in time :) As my mother so lovingly told me, she thinks I have a fat back that I need to lose before the wedding. Then again she also told me that she doesn't care about me getting married, will dance at my wedding because she have to but really only wants to dance when I get into medical school and if I don't she'll be disappointed in me for the rest of my life. I know I have to invite her to the wedding being as she's partially paying for it, but I think i'll accidentally lose her invitation to any medical school acceptance parties I have, preferably in another state.

So, following that charming heap of maternal inspired self-loathing, yay! I have a dress pattern!

No comments:

Post a Comment