There is quite possibly nothing grosser than bugs inside your house. Being as I live in Southern California and it's been in the high 90's - low 100's, we have termites. I don't know if they came in from under our house (unlikely) or from our neighbors house (they can fly 2000 feet!), but they wiggled in through the gaps in the window screens and are attempting to eat my furniture. It. Is. Gross! I've been killing the winged demons all day but I can actually hearing them burrowing into the peg holes in my closet system and into the shelf holes in my bookcases. Their squished striped bodies are filling up my trash can and their papery shed wings are littering my window sills. I can't accurately convey how upset this makes me. It feels like a losing battle.
Does anyone have a good exterminator?
UPDATE:
We have "localized" termites in my closet wall, three windows, a spot in the attic and a spot in the garage. I don't know how that really counts as localized, but the termite people want to freeze and bait them instead of tenting. Thank goodness. We still have to get a few quotes though before we can make up our minds, the first one wanted 1400 which seems like a lot.
Yeah scratch that. Apparently you're not allowed to freeze in California sooooo we have to tent both the house AND the garage which they've apparently eaten up entirely. Which is over 2 grand. UGH.
Hey Sarah! Sounds like you have made a lot of decisions, looking gooood with the progress there! Better figure out bridesmaid dresses soon :)
ReplyDelete<3 emily
also, your blog is awesome and I enjoy it so keep posting.