Friday, September 3, 2010

It's Over

It's happened. I've taken the MCAT. It's over. Thursday I checked out the testing center and it was teeny tiny, one little office in a huge complex of offices. It had only three rooms, each with less than 20 computers in them. They told me I needed to be there when the doors opened at 6:30am so I could register first and not wait in line for an hour and a half.

This morning, I arrived at the testing center at 6:30am to check in for the test. I even wore my lucky pink penguin shoes and rainbow socks. There was no one else there, the parking lot was pretty much empty, the doors were locked. I was able to bang on the door a few times and managed to get them to give me the bathroom key, and they eventually opened the doors at 6:45am. Obviously I ended up being first on the list, given the lack of competition, and then my honey and I went to breakfast at Jerry's Deli. The only thing I could stomach was soup, so I had soup for breakfast and then headed back to the test center.

The test lasted from about 8am to 12:45pm. The fingerprint scanner I had to use to get in and out of the room was insanely picky and kept telling me I didn't have a finger print. The physical science section kicked my ass, but the verbal, biological and writing sections weren't too bad. I wasn't feeling awful about anything but the physical science section until I exited the test and found people talking about how they'd chosen to void their scores. Voiding your score is sort of a last resort, if you screw up your test and decide to forfeit your time, 300 dollars and all your effort. I can't imagine voiding my score after all that effort, but if I get a 15 I'll know I've made the wrong choice.

I'll know in a month...

No comments:

Post a Comment