- They do tons and tons of PGD cycles, about 35-55 per month, definitely over 500 per year, and their embryologist, who came to meet us personally, was fantastic.
- They use Reprogenetics about 95% of the time, and with day 5/6 biopsies, they have a less than 1% rate of inconclusive results - I don't remember if he said it was 0.4% or 0.8% but it was excellent.
- They use laser biopsy and biopsy in house
- They're only 6-9 minutes from my house which means I don't need to spend an hour in traffic. This is a huge plus, I don't have to leave at 6am for my appointments!
- They don't validate for their structure (negative) but there's a structure just around the corner that will give us 2 hours free.
- The doctor doesn't do my monitoring ultrasounds himself, his tech does them and delivers him the photos and lab work. This is a negative since HRC promises that you get your doctor at every appointment but the tech was very nice and did an excellent job with my scan.
- They would also recommend two cycles and batching our embryos, which seems like a good plan.
- This doctor is of the opinion that when you know something works well, you should attempt to replicate it. Since I responded well to the 10 days of birth control and 8 vial Menopur cycle, he's inclined to follow a very similar protocol
- They're big supporters of FET and feel it's better to put the embryo back into as normal an environment as possible. I'd be doing a frozen, medicated transfer.
- Money-wise I'm trying to sort out where they are. There's some issue with billing since they usually bill on behalf of Reprogenetics and we'd need Reprogenetics to bill Kaiser directly. This will be a deal breaker if they won't let Kaiser pay for our probe because that would cost us a lot more money. Other than that, I think they're about $36k for two cycles, including meds, and one FET. Fairly standard among the clinics.
If we're counting this as a new cycle, we have until around August 20th to make up our minds about which clinic we're going with. I have a call in to HRC to find out how many FET attempts are included in their package and the billing department at SCRC is looking into making our PGD coverage work. I'm really torn now, I think either clinic would be a good fit and there are some strong positives for each one. I have no idea how we'll make a decision!
No comments:
Post a Comment