Saturday, May 9, 2015

18dp5/6dt - Up, Up and Away!

Yes! I successfully had my labs run at Kaiser this morning and it didn't cost me $300! I'm so glad we were able to get them ordered in time, although it turns out they accidentally got put in as routine instead of STAT. The lab was able to get the HCG back today since they run that on location, but my estrogen and progesterone had to be sent out to their main lab about 30 min away. Considering that they don't do pick up until 12:30 and tomorrow is a Sunday, I think it's unlikely that we'll have those numbers before Monday. I'm not super concerned about it since those hormones are pretty much set by the 4mg Estradiol and 200mg Endometrin I'm taking each day.


 So, at 18dpt or 23dpo my HCG is an impressive 13,024! Going back to betabase.info:


For a singleton pregnancy, we're still on the chart but getting even higher. Only 5.3% of singleton pregnancies reported have an HCG about equal or higher to mine at 23dpo. 

For a twin pregnancy, we're in the high average. 34.6% of twin pregnancies have an HCG about equal or higher. We're actually at the high end of the average group too, another 700 points and and we'd be in the 9.8% of reported twin pregnancies with betas over 13,723 today. That's really only the difference between a morning and afternoon beta.

My doubling time is also still really fast. Usually things have started to slow down just a little bit by 5 weeks but my body clearly didn't get the memo.


At 40 hours, only 14% of reported single pregnancies have a doubling time equal or faster while 52% of reported twin pregnancies have an equal or faster rate.

I know it's entirely pointless to speculate about 1 or 2 at this point, but our ultrasound isn't for another 9 or 10 days and that's a long time to be left wondering. We put in one embryo with the hope that we'd get one baby, the idea that there could potentially be two in there has got us all thrown off. E has always teased me that the only way we'd have three children would be if we had one set of twins. I had thought that option was lost to us, at least without another round of IVF  and assuming we could have any at all, and the idea that the universe might be orchestrating some twins for us after all is wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment