Today, E and I are in Las Vegas for the wedding of two of our best friends, M and C. M and C have been together for years now and have the gorgeous little girl R featured on my blog at every possible opportunity. After much back and forthing over whether or not to have a big ceremony, M and C decided to just go for it and elope! E and I were supposed to be there surprise witnesses but plans often don't work out as they're supposed to so the whole family is coming along and we are sadly no longer a surprise. I don't expect that to damper the enjoyment of the day and we can't wait to be there for them this evening.
 |
| Our nice big king bed! |
To make our trip a super secret surprise, and since we haven't been on vacation since we got married, E and I arrived in Vegas yesterday, a day before the wedding. We made the drive pretty quickly, about 3 hours and 45 minutes plus a stop for a lazy lunch at Bob's Bigboy. We checked in, walked around the hotel, and drove over to the forum shops for some shopping and dinner. To our great dismay, FAO Schwarz is no longer there! Apparently it closed last year and our tradition of bringing home a furry friend from every Vegas trip has ended. We were also sad to see that our traditional restaurant is gone which led to dinner at the delicious but unexciting Cheesecake factory.
 |
| Amazing pools! |
Given our tradition of sleeping till the afternoon with the Las Vegas blackout drapes closed, I would normally be asleep right now if our hotel room clock wasn't off. I rolled over at about 8:30 this morning and our clock said 2:30pm! I assumed we had just been really tired, and woke E up to tell him the heat was keeping people away from the pools which were miraculously empty! He's gone back to sleep but I think we'll be hitting the buffet and the pool sooner than expected. If we have time, we'll get E's hair cut before the ceremony and then it's off to watch M and C get married!
No comments:
Post a Comment