So the hubs and I got a digital pregnancy test and took it this morning. The results? Not Pregnant. Before I took the test I asked him percentage wise if he thought we were really preggers. He said about 22% of him thought that we might be, and 11% of that wanted it to be positive. Once we'd taken the test though, we were pretty much 98% (Ha!) relieved so it's clear that a babe right now isn't a good idea. However, despite the big fat negative, there's still no sign of my period!
| Bwahahaha |
Now for more TMI. If I'm on track, I should have started spotting six days ago though my period is technically only four official days late. WTF body? What have you done with my period? Where are you stashing it? I just sent my OB/GYN an email and we'll see what she says and if she wants me to come in.
Logically, there could be many reasons why my period is MIA. It could be left over wonkiness from going off my pills last year. It could be stress from planning the wedding or picking a grad school to apply to. It could (maybe?) be the post-wedding weight I've packed on. I just hope its not something sinister because I'd take a sweet babe over uterine/cervical/breast cancer any day.
Since my family has a history of some cancers, I caved and asked my mom if she'd ever been late. She said she was wonky for two or three years after birth control which made me feel a little better (it could be nothing!) but she also said it took her like 2 months to get a positive pregnancy test with me. This was probably due to the general lack of hCG sensitivity in the late 80's pregnancy tests rather than freakishly low hCG levels so I'm not too concerned about that. She did, in true mom fashion, slip in a nasty comment about how I'd owe my grandma 10 grand if we screwed up. Thanks, mom. You really know just what to say!
Given my family, we could probably assume it's just stress -_-
No comments:
Post a Comment