The shot itself went off well. Teensy needle that barely hurt, the site was a tad sore but nothing awful. About 2-3 hours after taking my first dose, I started to feel off. First it was a head ache that kind of crept up out of nowhere. Then my back started to ache. Then my right knee. I couldn't figure out what was going on until I asked E to look up the side effects an hour later after I started getting light headed.
I should really have done my due-diligence. These are only a few of the "common" side effects:
- acne, increased growth of facial hair;
- breakthrough bleeding in a female child during the first 2 months of leuprolide treatment;
- dizziness, weakness, tired feeling;
- hot flashes, night sweats, chills, clammy skin;
- nausea, diarrhea, constipation, stomach pain;
- skin redness, itching, or scaling;
- joint or muscle pain;
- vaginal itching or discharge;
- breast swelling or tenderness;
- testicle pain;
- impotence, loss of interest in sex;
- depression, sleep problems (insomnia), memory problems; or
- redness, burning, stinging, or pain where the shot was given.
I'm going to have to call or email the nurses if I continue to feel this shitty. Hopefully I'll get used to the medication and the side effects won't continue, I'm going to be useless if I feel this way for the next two weeks.
No comments:
Post a Comment