Even though I have a wonderful showing of antral follies, there's no guarantee they could fit me in for an IVF cycle now with the holidays coming up so quickly. And since it's me, who knows if I'll have good follicles next month. The transfer protocol is a little lighter on ultrasounds and easier to schedule right now and they can definitely fit me in for a mid January transfer.
Another IVF cycle right now would also mean a lot of money. I'd probably want to order my meds overseas again to save on cost and international shipping is dicey right now with the holidays. We've also far exceeded the amount of medical expenses we can write off this year so we'd get no further return on our taxes. I'm not sure what we'd need to do to try and get PGD coverage for another cycle but I'm sure there's no way we could do it that quickly and storing biopsy samples for long periods of time can lead to degradation. We're just not prepared.
As soon as the decision was made, E, who knows me so well, suggested I create a flow chart. I'm so glad he accepts my crazy because I was already thinking the same thing. And thus, our IVF Transfer chart was born:
I think it's a solid plan that examines most possible outcomes. It does make the assumption that a third IVF cycle would yield 2 healthy embryos, which is a big assumption, but not outside the realm of possibility. If/when Embryo A sticks, I'm not sure if we'll go right to a FET of Embryo B or do a third cycle first. Those decisions are still a little way off but I think we're definitely set on a third cycle if Embryo A fails.
.png)
No comments:
Post a Comment