Sunday, November 2, 2014

Egg Retrieval Set

I spoke with Dr. D and as expected, we are a go for triggering tonight. I'll be doing my Novarel (HCG) trigger shot at 12:15am tonight/tomorrow morning and my retrieval will be Tuesday at 12:15pm.

Dr. D went over my follicles with me and made me feel a little better about the ones we've got. He feels that since we got 4 solid embryos from our 4 best follies last cycle that it's perfectly reasonable to believe that these top 4 follicles will have healthy mature eggs in them that could be our next 4 embryos. It's an optimistic viewpoint and I'm choosing to share it and believe that these are the ones.

The prime three are the 20, 22 and 22. The 26 might be a little overcooked but the 17 could catch up between the trigger and retrieval, it's very possible. I'd like to see it at least 18 or 19 on retrieval day but I don't think they bother with measuring, he'll just take everything he sees.

I've definitely got stuff going on in there too, I'm hungry, beyond exhausted, still have that friggin' pressure head ache and feel all sorts of twingey cramping around my uterus. My ovaries don't feel too uncomfortable, no huge grapefruit feeling, so I think the estrogen the follies are putting out is to blame for the random sharp twinges in my lower belly. And I still have to pee over and over.

Now I just need to stay awake for my trigger! I've got an alarm set just in case but I think I'll be okay. I've been trying to nap all day without success so I just keep yawning and dragging my feet. We're so close, we just need to make it through this retrieval, get some healthy test results, and have a successful FET.

No comments:

Post a Comment