Both embryos made it! Holy shit! We now have two more hatching blasts
to add to our batch, making 6! I can't believe it, after such a crappy
cycle and only retrieving two eggs, I never would have dreamed they'd
both be strong enough to make it. Taking them to day 6
was definitely the right decision, the embryologist says they look perfect. We're going to send these 6
samples out for PGD/PGS and hope/pray/wish/cross everything that
they're healthy!!
I was planning on putting one embryo right back once we get our results, an
early December transfer, but the doctor says I should take a "wash" cycle. Not everyone needs to take a break but most people only take $1800-$4000 in meds for their cycles and do just one. I've been injecting $9200 in hormones two months in a row and he thinks
I should have two periods to wash them all out. The first would be the upcoming one, due at the end of this week if I follow last cycle. Then I'd wait a month, have my next period and start the medication for transfer. He's right and it
makes sense, I would never rush anything that could compromise an
embie's successful implantation, but it's so hard to be patient!Right now our biopsy samples are probably being packed in liquid nitrogen and readied for their journey to the east coast. I believe they'll be over nighted to Reprogenetics and then as long as all the samples are good, they'll begin testing. We decided to go ahead and add on the aCGH testing for $2250, it seems crazy to go through all this to test for Fragile X, a developmental disability, and then not check for Down Syndrome or other Trisomy problems. I need to confirm whether they run the tests concurrently or consecutively, hopefully we'll have all healthy embryos and it won't matter, but if somehow they're all affected with Fragile X, they should hold off on the aCGH testing. We won't need to go there though, our embryos are going to be strong and healthy and we'll have a healthy baby before we know it.

No comments:
Post a Comment