Friday, August 10, 2012

Insanity: Day 11

Woo, 11 days down only a billion more to go! The work outs are still intense although I'd like to think that I'm pushing through them a little better. I still want to die about two minutes into the warm up, but my butt kicks are more butt kicky and my high knees are starting to get higher than my ankles, although they're not quite above my hips where they should be. I'm kind of thinking that as soon as I adjust to these work outs in the next couple weeks (ie getting through without taking too many unscheduled collapses breaks) that the work out will shift into high gear and we'll be dying all over again.

Thus far, E and I have been working out religiously in our living room, often barefoot on the wood floor, and it's starting to become pretty uncomfortable. We're tentatively committing to Insanity for at least another 60 days after this round, maybe even 120 days, so I went out today and bought us some proper shoes and work out mats. We are supposed to be wearing "good" cross trainers but since I'm not sure how many cycles we'll do and didn't want spend $200, I settled on some comfortable but inexpensive New Balances that should do the trick. 

Hopefully these will make my feet hurt less, though they're not really Cross Trainers
E's Cross Trainers, hopefully they fit!
I also got one giant single person exercise mat to practice with so we can see if we like it before buying another. We do a lot of jumping on the ground to do push ups and exercises on our hands and knees and I think it'll be more comfortable than the wood floor. It might even be big enough for us to both use, but I doubt it since we can't be too close together while working out.


No comments:

Post a Comment