1. A drive in movie theater, nice modern clothing
2. A vintage picnic in a field, vintage clothing
I'm super excited about the themes but I have a lot of clothing/prop hunting to do. I've placed a massive order with Modcloth and J. Peterman for my vintage stuff and have been popping into thrift stores all day. Thus far most of E's vintage outfit is done, his modern outfit shouldn't be much different, but I need to do a lot of work on mine.
Props:
- Wicker picnic suitcase we'll fill with plates, cups, napkins, etc
- Candlesticks
- Picnic blanket,
Blanket Score!
- Old board games? Old record player? Old suitcase?E's Outfits:
Vintage:
- Medium-dark grey suit with light blue thread running through
- Light blue? dress shirt
- Navy blue suspenders
- Blue tie
- Black dress shoes
- Black leather belt
- Grey hat with black ribbon
Modern:
- Dark blue jeans
- Blue dress shirt - It was suggested that E is wearing too much blue. I definitely agree but it's the boy's favorite color! Literally every button down he owns is blue! Any suggestions on good colors for a blue eyed blonde boy to wear?
- Black belt
- Black shoes
My Outfits:
Vintage:
- Vintage Dress
- Scarf
- Glasses
- Tights? No tights?
- Heels of some sort
Modern:
- Dark jeans
- Blouse of some sort
- Glasses
- Heels of some sort? Boots?
- Hat?
Finding a vintage dress that fits my bust and looks good seems to be a semi-impossible task. None exist in a nearby physical store so I'm putting all my effort into the internet. Thus far I've ordered 6 dresses and two blouses with the intention of returning those that don't fit or don't look good. Hopefully I won't be returning them all but it's happened before so I wouldn't be super surprised if none fit.
Here's what I've ordered so far. You'll notice there's a lot of black but that's definitely not of my choosing, it seems most of the dresses that come in my size/flatter the bust only come in black. I usually wear blue jeans and some brightly colored top so I'm hoping one of the colorful ones looks best! Not that the black dresses aren't cute, but a colorful one would definitely be more "me".
(Source)
Uh oh, this dress was oversold so sadly they had to cancel my order :(
No more Hepcat Dress in black licorice for me!
(Source)
Too Big
(Source)
Too Big
Too Big
(Source)
Too Big
(Source)
What does everyone think? Any stand out favorites? I'm kind of loving the blue dress so I really hope it fits! I'm also not sure about the blouses, most of my tops are from Max Studio or INC and are some sort of stretchy material with an empire waist. I didn't wait to wear an "everyday" shirt since the photos are a bit of a special occasion but I also want to stay true to my personal style.
What did you guys do? Did you do engagement photos? If so, did you wear something special or something normal? How did they come out?
What did you guys do? Did you do engagement photos? If so, did you wear something special or something normal? How did they come out?

No comments:
Post a Comment