Saturday, February 28, 2015

NO CANCER!

I got the preliminary biopsy results in and....NO cancer! No lymphoma, no pancreatic cancer, no rare crazy pancreatic cancer! Imagine that! The doctor was definitely shocked, after looking at the thing on my pancreas he was convinced it was cancer. In fact, the only thing they could find in the biopsy sample was "some sort of possible infectious process" but no identifiable infection, bacteria, virus etc.

I am SO relieved, I think E almost passed out in relief. It was like a weight lifting off our chests. I am hoping this is it and there is no further treatment needed but I might not get that lucky. The assistant who called said they might still want to pursue some sort of treatment because of the location and the fact that the "thing" is still present. I'm thinking of asking for another ultrasound to make sure it's disappearing and in the meantime I'm hoping it skedaddles post haste. 

Then, the next day, another assistant called back to say the infectious disease specialist wants me to come back in and get tested for more weird things. I've already tested negative for every "usual" infection so now they'd like to go tropical. If you've been reading this blog, you know how ludicrous this is - I've been doing nothing but fertility treatments and work. I haven't gone anywhere exciting or risky lately because hello, fertility appointments! They're practically every other day! I think it's highly unlikely that I picked up Dengue Fever at my Beverly Hills fertility clinic or squeezed in a secret African safari between monitoring appointments.

And the tests he ordered were not just obscure, they were really obscure. I went into the lab and they couldn't even figure out what type of fluid the tests were asking for. Blood? Pee? Poo in a cup? They weren't in the reference book, the main lab they didn't recognize them, and although the techs gave it their best shot, the labs got bungled. Another phone call and it was back to the lab for more vials of blood so they could try again.

When these tests come back negative, which I fully expect them to, we are officially jumping back on the TTC wagon with what I'm thinking will end up being an April transfer. My RE Dr. D is on board with something sooner but since the tests wont be back before the March cycle starts, I think April is a safer bet.  That gives me another month to start up my vitamins again too since they made me stop everything when I got sick.

In the meantime, it's hard to be worked up or upset about anything right now. Every time something goes wrong or doesn't work out according to plan, E and I kinda shrug, look at each other and go "eh, no cancer!" and all is well. It's a wonderful feeling :)

No comments:

Post a Comment